Corona Geek On Air episode 20 is ready for your comments!
Wednesday we hung out with special guest Rob Allison, web developer, musician, and Corona SDK developer. Rob's game 14px is a 2D platformer game with a retro feel that includes four worlds, 45 levels, and an online level editor that allows you to create levels in your desktop browser and play them on your device and share them with your friends.
Rob shared his Corona SDK development story with us as well as the tools he used to create his online level editor. This isn't Rob's first time to build a game using the Corona SDK. His other apps have done very well and he is currently work on two others. Considering that Rob created all the artwork, music, and code for his 14px app you would think that he would be tired of making games, but as he puts it, he's addicted.
Rob also offered up some great advice for new developers. Be sure to watch the full interview to hear what Rob had to share.
Thanks for watching,
- Rob Allison - 14px on iTunes, 14px on Google Play
- Brian Burton - Author of Mobile App Development with Corona: Getting Started
- Toff Ward - Developer / Geek / Gnome Hunter
- Charles McKeever - Developer / Gamer / Runner
If you are new to the conversation, the Corona SDK is a cross platform mobile development tool kit that makes it easy for developers to create native applications for Android and iOS devices as well as for Kindle, and Nook. You can find out more about the Corona SDK at CoronaLabs.com.
That's it for this week.
- On December 31st we will NOT have live hangouts due to the holidays. However, we will be posting videos on those days so be sure to Follow CoronaGeek on Twitter, subscribe on YouTube, circle us on Google+, and Like us on Facebook to receive updates once they are available.
- Thank you for watching, listening, and supporting the show. Happy holidays to you and yours.
Listen and Rate!
- Rate the Corona Geek podcast on iTunes
- Listen and rate on Stitcher
- Get the Corona SDK Quick Reference Chrome Extension