Well, it's official! Corona Geek is now a part of the Corona Labs family. Moving forward I will be filling the role of Developer Evangelist at Corona Labs. Now Corona Geek will have the backing and support it needs to bring more developer interviews, app reviews, video tutorials, and mobile industry event coverage to the Corona community. I think this is a truly awesome step forward for the Corona SDK community.
So what better way to kick off the new year than to hangout and recap what happened in 2012 and talk about what that will mean for the Corona community in 2013. In this episode we hung out with show regular, Dr. Brian Burton, author of several books on developing mobile apps using Corona SDK and we were joined by Walter Luh, David Rangel, and Mohamed Hamedi.
Listen in to today's show and leave me some comments below and tell me what you think we should talk about on an upcoming episode.
Here are the show notes for Monday's show.
- T-Shirt Winner - This week's Corona Labs t-shirt winner was Mike Hovland from Blue Rocket Labs. Congratulations Mike. If you would like a chance to win a t-shirt, follow us on your favorite flavor of social media and then fill out the Corona Geek giveaway registration form. Rating and follow the show isn't required, but it does help support the show and its a great way to stay up to date on new stuff as it comes out.
- Promo Codes - To celebrate Corona Geek joining Corona Labs and to help you keep your New Years resolutions, Dr. Brian Burton is offering a discount of $5 off of each of his Corona SDK books when you use the promo code coronageek during checkout. Brian has written several books on developing apps using Corona SDK. He's put a lot of work into these great resources, so be sure to take advantage of his offer on or before January 31st because that's when the promotion ends. If you'd rather buy through Amazon, you can do that as well. He has discounted his books there as well until the 31st.
2012 was an amazing year for Corona Geek because it marked the beginning of an idea that was born out of my desire to talk with Corona developers in a way where we could all hear and benefit from their development story. I met and learned from some incredibly smart Corona developers and mobile app industry experts along the way and 2013 promises to be even better.
Here's a small recap of who all was on the show in 2012 (in no particular order)
- Brian Burton - Corona SDK Book Author
- Dean Murphy - EchoEcho - Corona SDK Developer
- Jordan Schuetz - Ninja Pig Studios - Corona SDK Developer
- Jay Jennings - Corona Project Manager - Corona SDK Developer
- Eric Dyck - Tap for Tap - app marketing
- Alex Souza - Kwiksher - Creator of Kwik
- Big Corona Meetup - 6 hour Corona SDK event
- Richard Harris - Lunar Ads - app monetization
- Ryley Newsham - Corona SDK Developer
- Mohamed Hamedi - Game Minion - cloud services startup
- Rob Allison - Corona SDK Developer
- Michelle Fernandez - Corona SDK Book Author
In 2012 Corona Labs accomplished some truly amazing stuff and the road ahead is full of exciting new opportunities. Again, in no particular order, here are some of the highlights from this episodes discussion.
Corona Labs 2013 Road Ahead
- Corona Geek joins the Corona Labs family
- Corona team expands
- Corona Cloud
- Corona Enterprise
- Plugins / Project Gluon
Personally I enjoyed hearing Walter talk about the future of plugins for the Corona SDK and how Corona Cloud is going to help mobile app developers to add features to their apps that people have come to expect. The mobile industry is still so very young and it's incredibly exciting to see it being built one line of code at a time.
That's it for this week.
Thanks for watching,
If you have thoughts on this topic that you'd like to share, post them in the comments below.
Listen and Rate!
- Rate the Corona Geek podcast on iTunes
- Listen and rate on Stitcher
- Get the Corona SDK Quick Reference Chrome Extension